Sunday, March 20, 2011

Top 3 Restaurants in West Sussex, UK

I eat a lot. I have to. I'm a food blogger and food photographer. But, for me, it's much more about quality than quantity. And to that end, I have spent two years traveling the U.S., France and England to find the best restaurants. Last year my wife and I moved to her native area, West Sussex, England. An area exploding with exceptional restaurants. Every kind of food is represented here. But, pubs, more importantly gastro-pubs are the hot ticket here at the moment. But don't be fooled, these gastro-pubs are a far cry from the fish and chips joints of old.

The following are my top three restaurants in West Sussex. They are in no particular order. I have fully reviewed these on my blog as well.

1. The Cat Inn Pub and Restaurant in West Hoathly - The Cat serves up an incredible array of locally sourced meats and vegetables. During the week it mostly caters to the local crowd, who you will find sitting at the bar talking to the friendly staff. Make sure to take advantage of their customer loyalty card. You will earn one stamp for every £25 spent and 8 stamps gets you a free 2 course meal. The Cat was recently awarded a Michelin Bib Gourmand rating.

2. Gravetye Manor near East Grinstead - Gravetye is an absolute must for anyone visiting the local area. This 16th century manor home, turned boutique hotel is one of the great ones. It has been featured in The Good Food Guide, the UK's bestselling restaurant guide, every year for 54 years. But the food is what you come for. And I have never been disappointed. Stunning cuisine with both French and English flare. It also has a AA rosetta and used to have a Michelin Star.

3. Mae Ping in East Grinstead - Mae Ping has no Michelin Stars, or Bibs. What is does have is the best Thai food I have ever tasted. It is consistently good. And with five Mae Pings scattered across the South East, it appears I am not the only one who likes it.

There are so many fabulous restaurants in West Sussex, that it's hard to pick just three. And my list will probably change constantly. But for now, those are my favourites. You can't go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |

Sponsor Links

Click Here!Fat Fighting Foods
Best Deal Ever
www.fatfightingfoods.com/diet/index.html?hop=0

Click Here!The CopyCat Cookbooks: Fast Food Recipes
www.fastfoodrecipes.net/?hop=0

Click Here!Organic Food Gardening Beginners Manual
www.1stoporganicgardening.com=0